Step 1 – Download Cryptoblizz and upload to your server
- Download Cryptoblizz
The first step is to buy and download Cryptoblizz. After you have purchased Cryptoblizz you will get access to the downloads and you will receive an installation license key. Download the .zip package to your PC and continue with the instructions below.
- Register at a hosting provider
Next, you need to register at a hosting provider that can host Cryptoblizz for you. If the hosting provider supports webapplications such as WordPress or Magento for example then you should be fine and able to run Cryptoblizz there too.
- Upload Cryptoblizz to the server
Once you have registered at your hosting provider, access your hosting through FileZilla to upload the Cryptoblizz files. This can easily be done via FTP using FileZilla client. FileZilla is used to connect to your server and upload files to your server / website.
- Access your webapplication
Your hosting provider has probably given you a URL or IP to access your webapplication, or maybe you have registered and setup a domainname to access the webapplication. Now, open your favorite webbrowser (for example Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge) and go to the application URL or domainname. An installation wizard of Cryptoblizz will popup. Now follow the instrctions in the next step to proceed with the installation.
Step 2 – Installation wizard Cryptoblizz
You have now downloaded the ZIP file containing the Cryptoblizz project and uploaded this to your webserver or XAMPP folder on your PC. This means you are ready to run the installation.
- Browse to your webserver / application URL. For example: mydomain.com/cryptoblizz or my.server.ip or localhost if you run Cryptoblizz on a PC.
- The installation screen of Cryptoblizz will now show up, the installation is really simple and fast. Just follow the steps on your screen.
- You will somewhere in the process be asked to enter the database details. You need to create a database and enter the details in this screen. If you are running Cryptoblizz on a server at a hosting provider than you can most likely create the database through their control panel, or you might already have received database details from your hosting provider. You can always contact us, or your hosting provider for instructions on creating the database.
- Once you have completed all the installation steps you will see a screen saying the installation has completed. On this same screen you will see a system status report:
- It is best if everything is green. However, the server memory limit and max execution time can also be red. That won’t impact the functioning of Cryptoblizz. Only if you have issues, increase these values so they become green. You can hover the dashed texts for instructions and information.
Step 3 – Setup cronjobs
Finally, you have to setup a few cronjobs. A cronjob is a scheduled task that runs on an interval (for example every minute). This is required to automatically collect cryptocurrency ticker data, run your trading algorithms and update exchange information such as tradepairs for exchanges. We have written a seperate article about adding the cronjobs. Please click the button below to read the article.
Cronjobs only allow to run at a interval of 1 minute or slower. If you want to run your bots at a higher interval, for example every 20 seconds, than you cannot do this using cronjobs. If you want to trade at a higher interval than 1 minute you need to setup a different mechanism, please contact us for help on this.
Step 4 – Secure your installation
We recommend to secure your installation of Cryptoblizz with a password protected login. After installing Cryptoblizz you will also get a notification of this. Also we recommend to check your file permissions on the server and make sure nothing is publicly writable.
Since this step is not mandatory in your installation proces, we have covered securing your installation in another article. We recommend reading the article for a few tips on securing your Cryptoblizz environment.