Step 1 – Download Cryptoblizz
The first step is to buy and download Cryptoblizz. After you have purchased Cryptoblizz you will get access to the downloads and you will receive an installation license key. Download the .zip package to your PC and continue to the next step.
Step 2 – Install XAMPP & Unpack Cryptoblizz on your PC
Now you have downloaded Cryptoblizz, you need to install software on your PC to run Cryptoblizz. This software is called a webserver which is needed to server webapplications (which Cryptoblizz is). We recommend using XAMPP to do this.
- Download and install XAMPP (a Windows, Linux and OS X webserver to run PHP applications). XAMPP will install an Apache webserver and MySQL database server for you, which you need to run Cryptoblizz.
- Once you completed the installation, open the ‘XAMPP control panel’ and make sure Apache and MySql are running!
- You can now place files in the XAMPP htdocs folder. These files can be accessed from your webbrowser. The default XAMP htdocs folder is located in C:/XAMP/htdocs. You can also open the XAMPP installation folder where the htdocs folder is located, by clicking the ‘Explorer’ button in the XAMPP control panel (see screenshot above)
- Next, go to your account section on our website to download Cryptoblizz. You have also received a download link in your mailbox. For a fresh XAMPP installation you need the PHP 7.2+ package of Cryptoblizz.
- The download is a zip file containing the Cryptoblizz project. Extract the contents from the zip file and copy-paste all the files to your XAMPP htdocs folder which can be found in C:/XAMPP/htdocs (usually). You can also create a subfolder if you want, for example create the folder C:/XAMPP/htdocs/cryptoblizz and copy all the files to that directory.
- Awesome! You have now installed XAMPP and copied the Cryptoblizz files to your XAMPP website (htdocs) folder.
- Now open your favorite webbrowser and browse to http://localhost or if you placed the files in a subfolder, navigate to http://localhost/folder-name/
- You will now probably get a message with something like ‘You need to install ionCube’. If you see this message, please check our troubleshooting where we have explained how to fix this.
- Once you have fixed the ionCube message you can continue to the Cryptoblizz installation wizard as explained in the next step in this article.
Step 3 – Installation wizard Cryptoblizz
You have now downloaded the ZIP file containing the Cryptoblizz project and uploaded this to your webserver or XAMPP folder on your PC. This means you are ready to run the installation.
- Browse to your webserver / application URL. For example: mydomain.com/cryptoblizz or my.server.ip or localhost if you run Cryptoblizz on a PC.
- The installation screen of Cryptoblizz will now show up, the installation is really simple and fast. Just follow the steps on your screen.
- You will somewhere in the process be asked to enter the database details. You need to create a database and enter the database name in this screen.
Create a database:
1: Browse to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
2: Click the databases tab / menu item
3: Create a new database, name it for example: cryptoblizz
4: In the Cryptoblizz installation, add the name of your just created database. As user type ‘root’ and leave the password field empty.
- Once you have completed all the installation steps you will see a screen saying the installation has completed. On this same screen you will see a system status report:
- It is best if everything is green. However, the server memory limit and max execution time can also be red. That won’t impact the functioning of Cryptoblizz. Only if you have issues, increase these values so they become green. You can hover the dashed texts for instructions and information.
Step 4 – Setup cronjobs
Finally, you have to setup a few cronjobs. A cronjob is a scheduled task that runs on an interval (for example every minute). This is required to automatically collect cryptocurrency ticker data, run your trading algorithms and update exchange information such as tradepairs for exchanges. We have written a seperate article about adding the cronjobs. Please click the button below to read the article.
Step 5 – Secure your installation
We recommend to secure your installation of Cryptoblizz with a password protected login. Since this step is not mandatory in your installation proces, we have covered securing your installation in another article. We recommend reading the article for a few tips on securing your Cryptoblizz environment.